Parker Blake is partnering with an innovative Fortune 500 company in Atlanta, GA for a Category Development Senior Manager. You will serve as an integral member of the Client’s Sales Strategy team; developing Category growth stories and strategies to achieve increased market share, sales, and profitability for all Client’s brands through business and analytical insights. This position is responsible for working with the Director of Category Development to develop and share category/shopper/consumer knowledge across the organization.
- Assist in creation of foundational category growth stories and other global content to be used by Category Management team and Field Sales in key customer meetings
- Identify Category growth opportunities that guide other Category Development capabilities, including Commercial Innovation, Joint Business Planning and Portfolio Consulting
- Be an integrated member of the Category Brand team, possessing deep understanding of the category shopper and consumer, brand short and long-term goals, strategies, and objectives including business trends/opportunities
- Lead the development and commercialization of category strategies and tactics
- Develop and deliver pro-active global selling stories that support Category strategies
- Objectively evaluate data from multiple sources, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Utilize reporting tools and customize detailed reports as needed to provide the organization with a foundation to manage the business
- Identify and communicate category and brand growth opportunities and areas of risk
- Deliver timely insights to key areas of the organization
- Prepare total market and channel level presentations
- Establish collaborative relationships with category management teams
- Deliver timely analyses communicating status of business and identifying opportunities and risks
- Creation of content for annual sales meetings
Key Role Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5 years’ experience in Consumer Products Goods industry OR 5 years of Consulting experience
- Experience with MS Office, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Experience with developing data/analytics into insights
- Shopper card data experience
- Analytical skills to assess, interpret and translate from multiple data sources into actionable shopper category insights
- 3 years of experience in Consumer/Shopper Insights
- Nielsen/IRI and Household Panel data experience
- Experience preparing market and channel level presentations
- Experience developing analytical studies, models, templates and tools
- Knowledge and experience in category management best practices
How to apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity please email an updated resume, cover letter and your salary history including salary expectations to us at email@example.com.
About Parker Blake:
Parker Blake is a consulting firm with a proven record of enabling great returns on our clients’ investment. Our high-caliber consultants offer deep experience and expertise across many diverse industries and service areas. We specialize in Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO), Executive and Professional Search, and Interim Staffing.
Parker Blake is an equal employment opportunity company committed to diversity in the workplace.