Parker Blake is partnering with a Fortune 500 company in Atlanta, GA focusing on finding a Category Manager who will serve as an integral member of the Client’s Account Teams developing consumer and retailer centric strategies/tactics to achieve increased market share, sales, and profitability. This position will report to the Director of Category Management and will support the development of Client’s brands through business and analytical insights. The goal is to turn insights into actionable recommendations and plans that grow different categories. Success will be achieved by the deployment and leveraging of Client’s capabilities along with a variety of category tools (IRI, Kantar, Customer Data, space management, etc.) to identify opportunities and facilitate solution development in collaboration with the Account Teams.
- Objectively evaluate data from multiple sources, draw conclusions and make recommendations that promotes overall category growth and creates long term value
- IRI, Nielsen, customer data expert on the Account Teams
- Share best practices within Client’s Consumer organization to guide best in class strategies
- Enhance Client’s Trading Partner relationship with assigned customers by being viewed as a category first thought leader
- Utilize reporting tools and customize detailed reports to provide the Account Team with a foundation to pro-actively manage the business
- Identify growth/risk opportunities at the accounts and communicate findings to Account Team
- Drive process improvements in the business through promotion evaluation, pricing analysis, shelving and assortment optimization to enhance strategies and tactics
- Leverage syndicated and customer data to formulate consumer insights that answer compelling business questions
- Develop compelling high impact story telling presentations consistent with key initiatives that support profitable business growth
- Deliver timely ad hoc reports communicating status of business initiatives and priorities
- Ensure measures are in place to manage and forecast business results as well as gain customer alignment with specified measures
- Align with customer on key category initiatives and partner on strategic solutions that leverage organizational capabilities to create maximum value
- Apply general manager mindset to create long-term value by economic means for customers and Client’s Consumer Products organization
Key Role Qualifications
- Four-year college degree;
- At least 3 years Consumer Products Goods or related field experience i.e. CPG
- At least 2 years’ experience in a Category Management or similar role.
- 51, Market6, Nielsen or IRI syndicated data experience
- Strong Microsoft Office software skills
- 35 – 40% Business Travel
- Current or recent Grocery customer experience (i.e. part of a supplier team calling on a key customer)
- Strong base of analytical skills to assess, interpret and translate from multiple data sources into actionable customer/shopper insights
- Proven success developing analytical studies, models, templates and tools
- Highly skilled, hands-on command of syndicated data, HH Panel, assortment tools, and space management tools a plus
- Functional and technical knowledge to perform the job at a high level with minimal on-boarding time
- Knowledge and experience in category management best practices
- Customer facing sales experience
- Customer-focused individual dedicated to exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Experience interfacing with customers/retailers on shopper insights
- Ability to think broadly and objectively to grow the business with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to creatively find solutions to business questions and issues
- Solid presentation and written/verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects to completion with minimum managerial oversight
- Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative / team based style
How to apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity please email an updated resume, cover letter and your salary history including salary expectations to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Parker Blake:
Parker Blake is a consulting firm with a proven record of enabling great returns on our clients’ investment. Our high-caliber consultants offer deep experience and expertise across many diverse industries and service areas. We specialize in Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO), Executive and Professional Search, and Interim Staffing.
Parker Blake is an equal employment opportunity company committed to diversity in the workplace.